About the Deathless:
The Deathless is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. This Eridian Artifact lowers your health to 1HP in exchange for that you will receive damage and shield boosts. The Deathless is a high risk /reward artifact that can be taken advantage off since some skills provide greater boosts based the lower your health is.
Special Weapon Effect:
“What do we say to the God of Death?”
- Reduces character health to 1.
- Increases shield capacity by 100%.
- Increases shield recharge rate by 25%, decreases recharge delay by 25%.
How to get the Deathless?:
The Deathless can be obtained from any loot source but has a 10% chance of dropping from Phoenix who is located in The Splinterlands on Pandora. Phoenix is one of the Sir Hammerlock crew challenges.
- This artifact can be very powerful with skills such as Moze’s Desperate Measures, which increases gun damage based on missing health.
- Since the character’s max health is not set to 1, only that they cannot be healed past 1, skills which scale with max health can also be powerful.
- Since your Health is low, having a Stop-Gap shield equipped can be very useful as it protects your life points on shield break.
The Deathless artifact will grant three of the following bonuses:
- Combat XP
- Elemental resistance
- Elemental damage
- Health regeneration
- Magazine size
- Melee damage
- Shield recharge delay
- Weapon-type specific damage
- Atom Balm
- Increased radiation aura damage, burst damage, and burst radius.
- Sliding deals incendiary damage and leaves a magma puddle on impact.
- Radiation stone
- Melee attacks deal radiation damage.
- Toxic Revenger
- Slams create a corrosive puddle on impact.
- Last Stand
- Temporary invulnerability when your health drops below 50%
- The flavor text is a reference to Game of Thrones. Syrio Forel asks Arya Stark “What do we say to the God of Death“, to which she responds “Not today.”