About the Deathless:
The Deathless is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. This Eridian Artifact lowers your health to 1HP in exchange for that you will receive damage and shield boosts. The Deathless is a high risk /reward artifact which can be taken advantage off since some skills provide greater boosts based the lower your health is.
Special Weapon Effect:
“What do we say to the God of Death?”
Reduces character health to 1. Increases shield capacity by 100%. Increases shield recharge rate by 25%, decreases recharge delay by 25%.
How to get the Deathless?:
The Deathless can be obtained from any loot source.
- This artifact can be very powerful with skills such as Moze’s Desperate Measures, which increases gun damage based on missing health.
- Since the character’s max health is not set to 1, only that they cannot be healed past 1, skills which scale with max health can also be powerful.
The Deathless artifact will grant three of the following bonuses:
- Combat XP
- Elemental resistance
- Elemental damage
- Health regeneration
- Magazine size
- Melee damage
- Shield recharge delay
- Weapon-type specific damage
- Atom Balm
- Increased radiation aura damage, burst damage, and burst radius.
- Sliding deals incendiary damage and leaves a magma puddle on impact.
- Radiation stone
- Melee attacks deal radiation damage.
- Toxic Revenger
- Slams create a corrosive puddle on impact.
- Last Stand
- Temporary invulnerability when your health drops below 50%
- The flavor text is a reference to Game of Thrones. Syrio Forel asks Arya Stark “What do we say to the God of Death“, to which she responds “Not today.”