The Excalibastard is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Hyperion Railgun Laser is a versatile weapon for any character, due to its perfect accuracy, being virtually immune to recoil due to the “Reverse Recoil” effect (present on all Hyperion weapons) which is unable to exceed 100.0 accuracy, and its guaranteed freeze chance on critical hits.
Special Weapon Effects:
“Thou art most badass.”
All parts fixed. Increased critical hit damage. Perfect (100.0) accuracy. Critical hits have 100% chance to freeze targets with ranged and melee while wielding the weapon. Meleeing frozen enemies with this weapon generates a singularity that pulls enemies in close and then explodes into a cryo elemental nova which freezes other nearby enemies.
How to get the Excalibastard ?:
Excalibastard is stuck in a stone at Stanton’s Liver. It is found by jumping across several cliffs at the left edge of the map, as seen from the entrance, before crossing the bridge leading to the refinery complex. Excalibastard requires 2500 Badass Rank to pick up. It may only be taken once per character, across playthrough modes.
How to Grind the Excalibastard ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Excalibastard. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary weapons and 1 Purple laser weapon to obtain a random legendary laser. Be sure to make it a luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a luneshine buff.
- he Excalibastard works well with characters such as Wilhelm and Aurelia, who can invest into skills that increase Laser effectiveness and Cryo damage (respectively); Athena can also make use of the guaranteed blade attachment and Singularity effect on the weapon, which will provide melee-focused builds with a reliable source of freezing.
- Excalibastard can be obtained from the Grinder since patch 1.02.
- A cryo singularity can be created multiple times on the same enemy if they do not die.
- It is possible to freeze enemies as Nisha using Tombstone and grenades, so long as the Excalibastard is being held when the grenade scores a critical hit.
- Jack’s “laser” melee override, Merger, is treated as if the laser was shot from Excalibastard. As such, it is guaranteed to freeze enemies on a critical hit, which is easy to perform since Merger is essentially a beam laser.
- Excalibastard will scale itself to the Vault Hunter’s level when removed from the stone, limited by the level cap of the game mode it is obtained in.
- he name is a portmanteau of Excalibur, the name of King Arthur’s sword, and “bastard.”