About the Face-Puncher:
The Face puncher is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Hyperion Shotgun is rather unique because the damage it deals is based on your character’s melee damage. Which is really useful when you spec into a Brawl build as Amara. The FacePuncher will really shine in combination with the ‘Unleash the Dragon‘ artifact, which boosts melee damage, and the Ward shield, which also boosts your melee damage.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Man your own jackhammer.”
- Projectiles deal melee damage.
How to get the Face-Puncher?:
The Face-puncher can randomly be obtained from any suitable loot source. However, you can also farm its dedicated loot source because the Face-Puncher has a high chance of dropping from Muldock, the Anointed who is located in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6.
Is the Face-Puncher any good?
Yes! the Face-Puncher is an amazing as you can do some crazy fun builds with this weapon. You should definitely farm one for yourself.
- Hotfix April 1, 2021
- Decreased weapon damage by 40%
- The Face-Puncher cannot deal critical hit damage.
- The Face-puncher does not receive bonuses for shotgun damage.
- The Face-Puncher is a great weapon on an Amara Brawl build.
- This Shotgun can be fun to use in combination with the ‘Unleash the Dragon‘ artifact, which boosts melee damage, and the Ward shield, which also boosts your melee damage.
- You can create an elemental Face-Puncher by equipping an artifact with the ‘Stone’ prefix. This adds elemental damage to your melee damage. Because that’s what the Face Puncher does, it gets the same bonus.
- The White Elephant Artifact is another awesome combination with the Face Puncher. It’s very easy to tag enemies with bombs because of the multiple pellets that this shotgun fires.
- Since the Face-Puncher deals melee damage, it also works great in combination with the Cryo element. Because frozen enemies take 300% damage from melee attacks.
- The Face-Puncher can also exploit the ‘Slayer’ Mayhem Modifier as you can “melee” enemies from a distance to trigger its effect.
- Melee Damage gets multiplied up to 16 times in Mayhem Mode.
- The flavor text is a reference to the Coheed and Cambria song In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.