The Fastball is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. This Tediore grenade mod has a highly reduced blast radius, therefore it is only capable of damaging a single enemy at a time in most cases. However, to counterbalance that the Fastball has a very high damage output that is like 10 times the amount of a similar grenade mod of that level. When the Fastball is thrown it follows an arc similar to a lobbed grenade but traveling at extremely high speeds. Due to the higher speed of the Fastball, it is able to travel a longer distance than other common lobbed grenades. This grenade mod can only spawn with the lowest trigger component, and therefore will always have a fuse time of 0.0. However, the Fastball will only detonate immediately on contact with an enemy or damageable object. If the grenade impacts a wall or other inert surface it will bounce, only detonating once it has stopped moving completely.
Corrosive, Explosive, Incendiary, or Shock
Special Weapon Effects:
Forget the curveball Ricky, give him the heater.
- 0.0 fuse time.
- Greatly increased damage and travel speed compared to similar Tediore brand grenades.
- Dramatically decreased blast radius.
- Altered detonation noise.
- Uses special physics as if it were a baseball (bouncing, altered weight, etc.).
How to get the Fastball?:
The Fastball can be obtained randomly from any loot source but has a higher chance to drop from Boll in the Marrowfields located in Three Horns Divide. Boll is a lone Field Rat, with a pack of skags, that you encounter during and after completing the mission ‘In Memoriam’.
- There is a bug that causes its damage to be greatly reduced when a character is first logged in wielding it. Its full damage will be restored if it is re-equipped.
- The Fastball’s damage is so high that it is technically the most damaging weapon (per projectile) in all of Borderlands 2, greater even than the Nukem, Ahab, and Tunguska.
- The flavor text is a reference to the line James Gammon’s character, Lou Brown, says during the final at-bat in the film Major League.