About the Firestorm:
The Firestorm is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Maliwan Sniper Rifle has a cool special effect. It will spawn fireballs at the destination where you are shooting at. These fireballs will slowly rise up to the sky and will divebomb into the ground after 2 seconds. You can potentially do a lot of damage with the Firestorm. However, the fireballs do explode when touching any surface. Therefore, they aren’t really useful indoors when they hit the ceiling. Another thing is that because the element on this weapon is always fire, enemies can run away and therefore the fireballs will not damage them. That said, while the Firestorm isn’t always as effective against fast enemies, it can wreck heavies and bosses. Definitely after the March 5th, 2020 hotfix.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Seek shelter immediately.”
- Always incendiary.
- On impact, the bullet spawns 3 fireballs that slowly rise up and then divebomb into the ground.
- Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
How to get the Firestorm?:
The Firestorm can be obtained from any loot source but it has an increased chance to drop from Red Jabber who is located in Ambermire on Eden-6. But it also has an increased chance to drop from Katagawa Jr. who is located at the Atlas HQ on Promethea.
The Drop Rate of the Firestorm is 9.3% on Mayhem 6+; 15% Otherwise
- With the August 20, 2020 update, this weapons received a reduced charge time and increased weapon damage +40%
- With the March 5, 2020 update, this weapon received a weapon damage increase.
- With the September 29, 2019, update, the charge Times were reduced to 1 second (down from 2).
- The fireballs explode when hitting any surface, that means ceilings. Therefore the special effect isn’t useful in tiny spaces.
- The Firestorm is an incendiary version of the Storm, which is a shock sniper.