The Flakker is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Torgue Shotgun is a great crowd-control weapon because it causes huge amounts of damage across a wide radius. However, you can experience some difficulty aiming with this weapon as it can be challenging to get the distance right in combat. The Flakker will only do damage at a specific range where the projectiles detonate and that is set to trigger at a specific range. This limits the shotgun in two ways because your target cannot be to close and it also shouldn’t be too far. That said, while the Flakker is a legendary shotgun that requires some practice but once you are good with it, the Flakker can become devastating and you can wreck things up.
Special Weapon Effects:
“Flak The World.”
Increased damage, consumes 4 ammo per shot, extremely large spread, rounds detonate after reaching a certain distance.
How to get the Flakker ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Flakker randomly from any suitable loot source.
- It has an increased chance to drop from The Warrior located in Vault of the Warrior.
- It also has an increased chance to drop from the Handsome Sorcerer located in Dragon Keep.
- It may also be available at any Torgue Vending Machine in Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage as an ‘Item of the Day’.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- The Flakker can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from the Even-More-Disgusting-Tork fought during the mission All the Little Creatures in Stanton’s Liver.
How to Grind the Flakker ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Flakker in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary weapons and 1 Purple Shotgun to obtain a random legendary shotgun. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The item card is actually somewhat misleading, as it states that the weapon has “+100% Weapon Fire Rate.” However, it is one of the slowest Torgue shotguns obtainable, with the lowest possible value at 0.4.
- Switching weapons back and forward allows you to increase the fire rate of this weapon.
- Firing the weapon then quickly switching to a launcher can greatly increase the damage of the explosions caused by the projectiles. This abuses the passive weapon effects glitch to apply the base damage of the launcher to the explosions currently in the air.
- The Flakker can deal both bullet and splash damage.
- The bullet damage is capable of landing critical hits, although, in reality, such an event is unlikely.
- The splash damage does not benefit from grenade damage bonuses.
- “Flak” comes from the German word “Flugzeugabwehrkanone”, which literally meaning “aircraft defense cannon.” Since the First World War, it has been used as a generic term for both anti-aircraft guns and the rounds they fire.
- The flavor text is a reference to the word Frak from Battlestar Galactica, as in “Frak The World”.
- The weapon design itself is a reference to the Flak Cannon from Unreal Tournament.