About the Frozen Heart:
The Frozen Heart is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. The stats on this Anshin shield are good but not superb. Its special powers are hidden in the Cryo nova that is triggered when the shield breaks. There is no delay on the nova blast when your shield breaks, it’s instantly triggered and freezes all the enemies in its blast. Your shield does need to fully recharge in order to produce a nova blast. Another great thing about the nova blast is that it heals you, negating the first blow to your health bar.
Special Weapon Effect:
“I feel… cold.”
- Releases a cryo nova when depleted, which damages and freezes enemies.
- Returns a percentage of nova damage as health.
How to get the Frozen Heart?:
The Frozen Heart can be obtained from any loot source but has a 30% chance of dropping from Aurelia Hammerlock who is located in Blackbarrel Cellars on Eden-6. You fight against her at the end of the story mission; Cold as the Grave.
- This could be a great shield to use on Zane if you spec into his freeze capabilities.
- Use this shield with the ‘action skill triggers shield break effect’ anointment
- The Frozen Heart occasionally appears in Maurice’s Black Market.
- The flavor text is a reference to the 2003 film Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. When Captain Barbossa is fatally shot right as his curse is broken, he says, having not felt anything in years, “I feel… cold.”
SECRET VENDOR LOCATION DISCOVERED
Discover the location of Maurice’s hidden Black Market vending machine that sells Legendary items!
Where is Maurice?