The HellFire is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Maliwan SMG’s true strength lies in the elemental damage. The combination of the HellFire’s high fire rate, chance to ignite, and burn damage per second makes it a devastating weapon by dealing damage over time.
Special Weapon Effects:
“We don’t need no fire…”
Increased chance to ignite, Increased DoT damage, Increased Mag size, and 50% splash damage. The Hellfire always spawns as an incendiary weapon.
How to get the HellFire ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Hellfire randomly from any suitable loot source.
- It also has a high chance to drop from Scorch located in Frostburn Canyon or during the Raid on Digistruct Peak.
- It also has a high chance to drop from Sully the Blacksmith in the ‘TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest’ Headhunter pack.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get the HellFire randomly from any suitable loot source or the Grinder.
- It also has an increased chance to drop from Raum-Kampfjet Mark V located in the Outfall Pumping Station.
How to Grind the HellFire ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the HellFire in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary weapons and 1 Purple SMG to obtain a random legendary SMG. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The burning status effect will occasionally only inflict a single point of damage per tick.
- The HellFire’s damage is boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- A SHiFT code that grants a single Guileless HellFire is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption on the item card reads “‘Stop, drop and roll’ won’t help you here.”
- The weapon is based on a popular incendiary SMG from Borderlands which was also named Hellfire.
- The red text is a tribute to the song “The Roof is on Fire” by Rock Master Scott & The Dynamic Three We Don’t Need No Water.