The Hide of Terramorphous is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 2. This Bandits Shield is a combination of the Maylay, Nova (fire), and Spike (fire) shield types. The Hide of Terramorphous comes with an extremely high roid damage boost.
Special Weapon Effects:
…His hide turned the mightiest tame…
- Maylay – adds bonus melee damage once the shield is depleted.
- Nova – a fire shockwave will emit from the shield when it’s depleted
- Spike – deals fire damage against melee attackers
How to get the Hide of Terramorphous?:
- You can get the Hide of Terramorphous as a rare drop from Terramorphous the Invincible in Terramorphous Peak.
- To enter Terramorphous Peak, first, enter Slab Town in Thousand Cuts. Then go down a small walkway alongside the cliff side. Here you will find a cave with a mysterious stone barrier and an altar that requires eight Eridium to proceed. Once you placed the Eridium on the altar, the stone barriers will part and Terramorphous Peak can be accessed. However, you can only access this area once you have accepted the ‘You. Will. Die. (Seriously.)‘ mission. You will receive this mission from Patricia Tannis in Sanctuary after you completed the main story campaign.
- ProTip: If you want to farm Terramorphous multiple times don’t leave the area, rather ‘save&quit’ the game. When loading up your game you will spawn at Terramorphous Peak and skip the initial Eridium payment to gain access.
- This shield is well-suited for Gaige’s Action Skill, Deathtrap. If the Sharing is Caring skill is enabled the shield adds spike fire damage when Deathtrap is attacked by a melee source. When the shield is depleted, it releases a fire nova blast and augments Deathtrap’s melee attacks with great roid damage.
- This shield’s large nova damage and spike damage make it useful when being overwhelmed by close-range hostiles.
- This is also useful for Zer0 due to the melee-oriented nature of his Action Skill, Decepti0n.
- This is also a great shield for a Buzz Axe Rampage centered Krieg, since he will usually be at such a close range that enemies still alive will be forced to melee him, lighting them on fire, which, when combined with the Hellborn tree, can cause even more mayhem.
- According to the latest community patch (4.0), this can only spawn with optimal parts