About the Hive:
The Hive is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Torgue Rocket Launcher shoots a beehive which will stop moving after hitting a target or traveling a short distance. When the hive stops it will spit out tiny rockets that will home into nearby enemies. The range of these rockets is massive which is great when you are down in ‘fight for your life’ mode. I can also see this Rocket Launcher as a good support weapon for clearing combat zones like in Proving Grounds or Circle of Slaughter. Just shoot a hive into the crowded area and let it do its work. Beware, this Torgue rocket launcher does have a slow fire rate and reload speed. So while it’s powerful, use it wisely.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Full of bees.”
- Launches hovering ball that shoots many rockets before exploding.
- Consumes 4 ammo per shot
How do you get the Hive in Borderlands 3?
The Hive can be obtained from any loot source but has a 10% chance of dropping from Princess Tarantella II who you can farm in the Splinterlands on Pandora.
- Hotfix – August 5, 2021
- Increased Weapon Damage by 133%
- Increased the speed of extra projectiles
- The Hive was a unique weapon in Borderlands 2 and now has returned in Borderlands 3 as a legendary.
- The flavor text is a euphemism for someone full of energy, generally in a negative or aggressive sense.