The Infinity is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. This Vladof repeater pistol is very versatile and can be used as a fallback weapon at times when you are running low on ammunition. The infinity gun is especially useful for extended usage because you don’t need to reload or focus on finding ammo. Its lemniscate pattern can take some getting used to, but may work in its favor as it cancels out muzzle climb completely.
Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, or None
Special Weapon Effects:
It’s closer than you think! (no it isn’t)
- Does not consume ammunition.
- Shots fired from a fixed ∞ pattern, ignoring normal recoil behavior.
- Increased accuracy when aiming down the sights.
- Slightly decreased fire rate.
How to get the Infinity?:
The Infinity can be obtained from any obtainable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Doc Mercy located in Three Horns – Valley. In Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, Infinity has an increased chance to drop from the Gold Golem in the Mines of Avarice, and from Tubby Bones during UVHM.
- Because the magazine is perpetually full, every shot is eligible for Zer0’s 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill damage bonuses.
- This weapon works with Gaige’s Cooking Up Trouble and allows constant health regeneration.
- The Infinity can spawn with the “Dva” prefix, which on other Vladof weapons indicates it will fire two rounds per shot. However, the corresponding Dva accessory used by the Infinity is actually a special version which only has a 1-in-4 chance of generating a second bullet when fired.
- Unlike most legendary weapons, the Infinity can spawn with no accessory at all. Such an Infinity will bear the prefix granted by its elemental capacitor, or the prefix “Rapid” in the absence of an element. The Infinity does not receive grip prefixes.
- The lemniscate (∞) firing pattern and infinite ammo make the Infinity a very useful backup weapon against Hyperion loaders, as their eyes and shoulders lie within the pattern, allowing for a high number of critical hits in a short time with minimal aiming. This also hurts usage in other areas, ranged attacks will be difficult and upon smaller enemies, such as rats.
- With Gaige’s Close Enough skill, the Infinity’s effectiveness at longer range is drastically improved due to missed shots having a chance to ricochet towards targets. On the same token, the Infinity also works very well with Anarchy and Close Enough; because the Infinity’s magazine is perpetually full, it is impossible to accidentally lose stacks of Anarchy, but it is also impossible to activate Discord because activating Discord requires reloading prematurely.
- Although the Infinity does not consume ammunition, it does not function with 0 ammunition and must have at least one round of pistol ammo in characters’ reserves. Having even one rank in Gaige’s Smaller, Lighter, Faster skill reduces the Infinity’s magazine size to 0, making it unusable. Having more than one rank in this trait does not lower the magazine size below 0. This will also occur if Gaige equips a Punk class mod. However, by equipping a Necromancer class mod with a “Neutral” prefix, the reduction in magazine size is negated, allowing the use of this weapon.
- Support Sirens can put the Infinity to good use when crippled. If any team companion is reviving Maya and at least one point is invested in Restoration she can shoot indefinitely to help keep the reviving character alive.
- Under the benefits of Blood-Filled Guns, it is possible for Krieg to reload the Infinity, bringing the number of bullets in the magazine up to the boosted level. This is the only way to reload The Infinity, yielding an identical animation to any other Vladof pistol. The Infinity will not use up the additional ammo in the magazine, and the magazine will return to normal when the effect ends. This has no beneficial effect.
- Gunzerkers are able to proc Money Shot, however it requires said Gunzerker to gunzerk. After gunzerking, the infinity must be continually fired, whilst the other gun (a pistol that must be capable of consuming ammo) empties the pistol ammo pool before gunzerking stops.
- Any increase to accuracy will tighten the firing pattern, although it will never fully eliminate it. Using the aim feature will further tighten the pattern, this is most noticeable when using a scope.
- The Infinity will always spawn with a magazine capacity of just 1.
- This weapon has the same effect as the original “Borderlands” Repeater pistol The Dove.
- This weapon has a unique design: a lemniscate (infinity symbol (∞)) on its barrel.
- The flavor text is a reference to Stephen King’s short story The Jaunt.
- A SHiFT code which grants a single Dva Infinity is included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. Its card caption reads “How did Vladof manage to make a gun that can fire bullets infinitely? Easy. They used… like… Vault-juice. Or something. Shut up.”
- The gun was in a promotional image of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, but is absent from the game.