The Invader is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Hyperion Sniper is also capable to burst fire like Dahl weapons. While this doesn’t sound that unique the Hyperion stabilizing tech also kicks in during burst fire. While a burst fire on Dahl weapons becomes less accurate towards the end of the cycle. The accuracy on the Invader becomes more accurate over the course of the burst. While the damage on the Invader isn’t that great the pinpoint accuracy is great for dealing critical hits.
Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Cryo/Slag, or None
Special Weapon Effects:
“The Executioner has arrived.”
Fires a burst of 5 rounds when scoped. Greatly reduced damage. Greatly increased magazine size and reload speed.
How to get the Invader ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Invader randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Saturn located in Arid Nexus – Badlands.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get The Invader randomly from any suitable loot source or the Grinder.
How to Grind the Invader ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Invader in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary weapons and 1 Purple Sniper to obtain a random legendary Sniper. Be sure to make it a luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a luneshine buff.
- If the Invader is fired immediately after zooming into the scope, the Hyperion reverse-recoil effect will not work, and the Invader will kick upwards with each shot with surprisingly high recoil. This effect reduces quickly while the Invader remains scoped; after 1.5-2 seconds, the shots will be laser-accurate.
- An elemental version of the weapon will guarantee procs with a burst, so a shock or slag can decimate shields or provide opportunities to deal high amounts of damage with ‘Slag & Swap’ techniques (respectively).
- A SHiFT code for a single Venture Invader is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The item card caption reads: “It’s burst-fire (like a Dahl), but more accurate (like a Hyperion). Which will make you damn deadly at long ranges (like a sniper).”
- The flavor text references the original Invader sniper rifle in Borderlands. It was supposed to be called the “Executioner” and ended up with the wrong title due to a code bug.
- The red color scheme is a throwback to the Borderlands Invader, which was dark red.