About the Kaoson:
The Kaoson is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl SMG shoots stickies like a Torgue weapon. After the initial impact damage, the stickies will explode after a few seconds, dealing the second chunk of damage.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Small but packs a punch.”
- Fires sticky shots that will explode on reload.
- Increased Splash Damage Radius
- Full-Auto, Burst Fire, Semi-Auto
Physical Damage is useful against everything. It has no special properties but also does not suffer weaknesses.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
Shock damage is strong against Shields and causes targets to be electrocuted. Electrocution deals very high damage over a 3-second duration.
Cryo damage slows enemies and eventually freezing them. Cryo efficiency is the percentage of damage dealt that is applied as Cryo, at 100% efficiency, enemies will freeze at 20% health. Frozen enemies are unable to move and take 3x Melee damage
Radiation damage can cause targets to become Irradiated. Irradiated enemies deal Aura Damage to nearby enemies for 8 seconds. If an Irradiated enemy dies, they explode, Irradiating any enemies damaged by the explosion.
How do you get the Kaoson in Borderlands 3?
The Kaoson is Mayhem Mode 6 or higher Legendary and has a 16.5% chance of dropping from Captain Traunt who is located on Athenas. However, if you are feeling Badass, you can also farm Arbalest of Discipline on True Trial Mode for a 50% drop chance.
- June 11th, 2020
- Accuracy Impulse Increased – Its accuracy allowed players to deal pin-point damage, then with the added explosive damage, it was further maximizing output. We are increasing the accuracy impulse to account for the explosive damage bonus better.
- Max Accuracy Increased – At full auto, the spread proved exceedingly tight, again allowing more damage to be maximized than we intended. We’ve increased the maximum accordingly.
- Critical Damage Reduced – The explosive damage provided by this weapon allows critical hits more frequently, so we are lowering its critical bonus by a small amount.
- Base Damage Decreased – As the Kaoson basically has two points of damage—the initial bullet, and then the explosive round—it was providing way more damage than a typical SMG. We’re lowering the base damage to better account for its dual damage feature.
LeShaun jeezus this smg is strong look at those stats
I didn’t see that splash damage there ooh…
This gun is amazing!
I like it on my explosive Moze. :3
This thing is a bonafide face melter! My only issue, its that it burns through ammo waaaaaay fast, espe… https://t.co/kp2Dhnef0t
JESUS F CHRIST THIS THING IS INSANE…..sums up my first impression. Farmed it on a fadeaway flak and… https://t.co/DuTYu8BpsS
love the stability and accuracy. It shreds but then all the new guns do.
Powerful, accurate and feels crisp! Just melts through ammo!
I think I’m not using it correctly… my experience with it was short, I tried it, thought it was terri… https://t.co/A7VKVgISOe
Tristan D Ivy
It is a beast. I farmed for it after your last post and it works well in all Mayhem! Thank you! 😆
Soo willing to trade it
I farmed for 5 of them and only got one elemental drop which cane with burst fire….
That’s would be godly with my amara build
I fucking love the Kaoson its just soooo good. Even on zane it still melts.
Rad gun!especially level 10!
Seems to be the only gun able to do damage on my m10 moze, can’t seem to find a q system after killing Joey over 15.times
It is a happy convergence of a gun that I love to use in terms of how it handles and massive damage output.
New must have gun, amazing on moze
Keep hearing good things, yet to grab one
My new favourite weapon hands down! Just need to farm for more variants.
Time to mothball my beloved Night Hawkin
If you’re running mind sweeper moze this is a must have