About the Kaoson:
The Kaoson is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl SMG shoots stickies like a Torgue weapon. After the initial impact damage, the stickies will explode after a few seconds, dealing the second chunk of damage.
None, Incendiary, Corrosive, Shock, Cryo, and Radiation
Special Weapon Effect:
“Small but packs a punch.”
- Fires sticky shots that will explode on reload.
- Increased Splash Damage Radius
- Full-Auto, Burst Fire, Semi-Auto
How to get the Kaoson?:
The Kaoson is Mayhem Mode 6 or higher Legendary. You can get it from Captain Traunt who is located at the end of Athenas on Athenas.
Was the Kaoson nerfed?
Yes, the Kaoson has been nerfed as it became the go-to SMG. The Kaoson was more power than intended and therefore adjusted. It still provides plenty of damage that focuses on explosive damage bonuses, but not quite at the scale as in the past.
Is the Kaoson still good?
Yeah, the Kaoson is still a top tier SMG as it still provides plenty of damage.
The Drop Rate of the Kaoson is 16.50%
- June 11th, 2020
- Accuracy Impulse Increased – Its accuracy allowed players to deal pin-point damage, then with the added explosive damage, it was further maximizing output. We are increasing the accuracy impulse to account for the explosive damage bonus better.
- Max Accuracy Increased – At full auto, the spread proved exceedingly tight, again allowing more damage to be maximized than we intended. We’ve increased the maximum accordingly.
- Critical Damage Reduced – The explosive damage provided by this weapon allows critical hits more frequently, so we are lowering its critical bonus by a small amount.
- Base Damage Decreased – As the Kaoson basically has two points of damage—the initial bullet, and then the explosive round—it was providing way more damage than a typical SMG. We’re lowering the base damage to better account for its dual damage feature.