About the Kaoson:
The Kaoson is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl SMG shoots stickies like a Torgue weapon. After the initial impact damage, the stickies will explode after a few seconds, dealing the second chunk of damage.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Small but packs a punch.”
- Fires sticky shots that will explode on reload.
- Increased Splash Damage Radius
- Full-Auto, Burst Fire, Semi-Auto
Physical Damage is useful against everything. It has no special properties but also does not suffer weaknesses.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
Shock damage is strong against Shields and causes targets to be electrocuted. Electrocution deals very high damage over a 3-second duration.
Cryo damage slows enemies and eventually freezing them. Cryo efficiency is the percentage of damage dealt that is applied as Cryo, at 100% efficiency, enemies will freeze at 20% health. Frozen enemies are unable to move and take 3x Melee damage
Radiation damage can cause targets to become Irradiated. Irradiated enemies deal Aura Damage to nearby enemies for 8 seconds. If an Irradiated enemy dies, they explode, Irradiating any enemies damaged by the explosion.
- June 11th, 2020
- Accuracy Impulse Increased – Its accuracy allowed players to deal pin-point damage, then with the added explosive damage, it was further maximizing output. We are increasing the accuracy impulse to account for the explosive damage bonus better.
- Max Accuracy Increased – At full auto, the spread proved exceedingly tight, again allowing more damage to be maximized than we intended. We’ve increased the maximum accordingly.
- Critical Damage Reduced – The explosive damage provided by this weapon allows critical hits more frequently, so we are lowering its critical bonus by a small amount.
- Base Damage Decreased – As the Kaoson basically has two points of damage—the initial bullet, and then the explosive round—it was providing way more damage than a typical SMG. We’re lowering the base damage to better account for its dual damage feature.