About the Krakatoa:
The Krakatoa is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Maliwan Sniper Rifle acts like a slow-firing automatic assault rifle after its initial charge up. The Krakatoa always has a fire element. When you kill an enemy with this weapon, a lava puddle will spawn on the enemy’s location. This lava puddle will occasionally spit out fireballs.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Get him angry and he’s bound to erupt.”
- Always incendiary.
- Killing an enemy with this weapon spawns a volcano at the location of the corpse that spits out fireballs.
- Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
- Elemental Damage Guide
How do you get the Krakatoa in Borderlands 3?
The Krakatoa can be randomly obtained from any loot source as a world drop but it has an increased chance to drop from Tumorhead who can be farmed in Lectra City on Promethea.
- Hotfix March 5, 2020
- Massive Weapon Damage Increase
- The weapon’s name refers to the volcano of the same name, which was the epicenter of one of the world’s most violent volcanic events in recorded history during August of 1883.
- The weapon’s flavor text is a reference to the SpongeBob SquarePants episode “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V” in which Squidward acted as the volcano-themed superhero “Captain Magma” who uses “krakatoa” as a catchphrase or power activation word. The quote used in the flavor text is used in his introduction by the narrator.