The Leech is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Maliwan Transfusion Grenade Mod is a tactical/support grenade mod. It has greatly reduced damage and blast radius, therefore it’s not suited for players who are looking for a destructive grenade. While common transfusion grenades, after doing damage, release healing trails that search for allies and heal them. The Leech instantly converts any damage done to health. This nullifies one of the main problems of transfusion grenades. Because their healing trails disappearing after a distance without healing the characters, or get stuck between obstacles. Therefore the Leech greatly enhances the survivability.
Incendiary, Shock, Cryo or Corrosive
Special Weapon Effects:
“A skillful leech is better far, than half a hundred men of war.”
- Decreased damage and blast radius.
- All damage done by the grenade instantly restores allies’ health.
How to get the Leech ?:
- Borderlands 2
- The Leech can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from The Warrior located in Vault of the Warrior. It also has an increased drop chance from the Handsome Sorcerer in Dragon Keep.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- The Leech can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
How to Grind the Leech in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel?:
You can use the Grinder in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to create the Leech. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Grenade Mods to obtain a random legendary Grenade Mod. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The flavor text is a quote from the poem Hudibras by Samuel Butler, which in turn is an allusion to Homer’s Iliad. In both cases, “leech” refers to a physician, which suits the item’s healing properties.