About the Loaded Dice:
The Loaded Dice is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. This Eridian Artifact has a high risk/reward mechanic. By taking away 75% of your health, you gain increased luck chance. From testing, it seems that at the time of writing this (10/10/2019) the Loaded Dice increases your luck with ~10%.
Special Weapon Effect:
Reduces health by 75%. Substantially increases Luck.
How to get the Loaded Dice?:
The Loaded Dice can be obtained from any loot source but has a high chance of dropping from the Agonizer which is located Guts of Carnivora on Pandora.
What is the impact of Luck?:
Micstetic did 4000 runs of the Graveward to test the impact of Luck in Borderlands 3. As you can see, equipping the ‘Loaded Dice’ results in more Legendary items and Anointed Gear.
The Loaded Dice will grant three of the following bonuses.
- Melee damage
- Elemental resistance
- Elemental damage
- Max health
- Fight For Your Life time
- Shield capacity
- Melee damage
- Weapon magazine size
- Weapon accuracy
- Weapon reload speed
- Melt chance
- Movement speed
Additional Prefix Effects
- Corrosive Stone
- Melee attacks deal corrosive damage.
- Electric Slide
- Sliding deals shock damage that can arc to multiple enemies.
- Ice Breaker
- Increased damage against frozen enemies and cryo efficiency
- Last Stand
- Temporary invulnerability when health drops below 50%
- Rear Ender
- Increased slam damage, radius and knockback.
- Increased sliding speed and sliding launches a snowball that deals cryo damage.
- The Loaded Dice does not affect shields, so if you can achieve a high shield capacity you can effectively ignore the penalty.
- The max health bonus provides a flat bonus to health, mitigating the health penalty of the relic.
- The name of this artifact refers to a ‘loaded die‘. Which means that it has been purposely tampered with so that it will land on one side more often than a fair die would.