The Luck Cannon is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Jacobs Pistol focuses on dealing heavy damage in a single shot. However, its single bullet magazine makes it ineffective in heated battles, especially if surrounded by multiple, low-health foes. Thanks to its almost-pinpoint accuracy, the Luck Cannon can function as an extremely ammo-efficient Sniper Rifle replacement at long range, or as a “one-shot, one-kill” weapon used to take out weaker enemies in the midst of a fight. The weapon’s luck-based explosive shots can be used as a “high risk/reward” option to effectively eliminate tougher enemies in a single blow, and free shots can be safely spammed against larger bosses to deal good damage.
Special Weapon Effects:
“Better lucky than good!”
Vastly increased base damage. Near-perfect accuracy. Magazine size is restricted to a single bullet. Shots fired have a chance to deal explosive damage equal to 400% of the weapon’s listed damage.
How to get the Luck Cannon ?:
The Luck Cannon can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Ultimate Badass Glitches in the Claptastic Voyage DLC. These can easily be farmed at the final boss of the Claptastic Voyage DLC when he is in his second form. Or visit the Motherlessboard, Cluster 99002 0V3RL00K, Subconscious, The Cortex and Deck 13.5
How to Grind the Luck Cannon ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Luck Cannon. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary Weapons and 1 Purple Pistol to obtain a random legendary Pistol. Be sure to make it a luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a luneshine buff.
- The bonus explosive damage is not increased on a critical hit.
- Multiple points in free shot skills such as Jack’s Absolute Advantage and Athena’s Elemental Barrage can allow chains of shots before reloads, rather the single shot in the magazine.
- Nisha’s Fistful of Bullets skill can help to negate the low magazine size, effectively giving an added 300% increase to the maximum shots available before reloading.
- Despite the fact that the pistol deals bonus explosive damage, it is still considered to be a non-elemental weapon, allowing Nisha’s Magnificent Six to include its bonus damage increase, and preventing any penalties when used with Aurelia’s Next to Cleanliness.
- The Luck Cannon may spawn with a “Two-fer” prefix, in which case it will fire two shots at once, and the additional projectile will be detracted directly from the ammo pool. Either or both bullets may inflict the trademark explosive effect.
- The Luck Cannon synergizes very well with Nisha’s Short Fused skill, which (after killing an enemy), has a chance to grant bonus explosive damage, with higher chances for closer enemies.
- Aurelia’s Large Caliber skill will make this weapon’s magazine size 0, rendering the weapon completely unusable without some way to increase magazine capacity.
- This weapon has a similar material to the one used by the Hammer Buster, another legendary weapon manufactured by Jakobs.
- The red text is a reference to a saying that Lefty Gomez, a baseball player for the San Francisco Seals coined. Claptrap says this often as well.