The Maggie is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Jakobs Pistol special effect essentially fires six standard Jakobs pistol shots at once. Due to this, its damage will far exceed any common Jakobs pistol of around the same level. Due to the pellet spread, the Maggie is best used in close to medium range. When considering its high rate of fire, damage, and the pistol’s large ammunition pool, the Maggie can naturally operate as a highly effective shotgun substitute.
Special Weapon Effects:
“Monty’s wife don’t take no guff.”
Shoots a 6 projectile spread at the price of 1 bullet with decreased accuracy and damage per pellet.
How to get the Maggie ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Maggie randomly from any suitable loot source.
- It also has an increased chance to drop from Mick Zaford located in The Dust.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get the Maggie randomly from any suitable loot source or the Grinder.
How to Grind the Maggie ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Maggie in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary Weapons and 1 Purple Pistol to obtain a random legendary Pistol. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The name and red text are, unlike most legendary weapons, not a pop-culture reference, and instead draw from the in-game lore. “Monty” refers to Montgomery Jakobs, the founder of the Jakobs corporation; it can be inferred that Maggie was his wife and the gun may have been made for her.
- The Brady Games Borderlands guide titles it as “The Last of the Famous ‘Masher’ Line”.