About the Malak’s Bane:
The Malak’s Bane is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl Sniper Rifle can swap between a Sniper and a Shotgun mode by using the alt-fire option. The projectiles of the Malak’s Bane move pretty slow and sniper shots try and adjust the flight path of the projectile to score a critical hit. The ammo consumption is pretty high and the damage output isn’t that great compared to other sniper rifles.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Welcome to the end.”
- Swaps between Sniper and Shotgun.
- The Sniper consumes 2 ammo per shot.
- The Shotgun consumes 2 Ammo per shot, for 6 pellets.
- On long distances bullets slightly change their flightpath to hit an enemy.
- Ricochets of surfaces twice.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Cryo damage slows enemies and eventually freezing them. Cryo efficiency is the percentage of damage dealt that is applied as Cryo, at 100% efficiency, enemies will freeze at 20% health. Frozen enemies are unable to move and take 3x Melee damage
How do you get the Malak’s Bane in Borderlands 3?
The Malak’s Bane can be obtained from any loot source but it has a 10% chance to drop from Phoenix who is located at The Splinterlands on Pandora.
- Hotfix May 13, 2021
- Increased weapon damage by 65%
- Hotfix January 14, 2021
- Increased weapon damage by 33.3%
- Hotfix February 27, 2020
- Increased weapon damage and the shotgun ammo cost is reduced
- The flavor text refers to the Celldweller song of the same name.