The Mongol is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Vladof Rocket Launcher balances its increased ammo consumption with the ability to inflict damage both in a single concentrated area, with its large initial projectile, as well as over a large area, with its spawned small rockets. Thus the Mongol can be used effectively against large targets, groups of enemies, and agile targets difficult to pin down with a single projectile.
Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag/Cryo, or Explosive
Special Weapon Effects:
“The Horde will always return!”
Fires a single large rocket for the cost of two ammo that sporadically releases multiple smaller rockets at random angles along its flight path.
How to get the Mongol ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Mongol randomly from any obtainable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Dukino’s Mom located in Lynchwood.
- Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
- You can get the Mongol randomly from any obtainable loot source or the Grinder.
How to Grind the Mongol ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Mongol. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendary Weapons and 1 Purple Rocket Launcher to obtain a random legendary Rocket Launcher. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The initial projectile of an elemental Mongol carries the variants elemental effect but the spawned rockets remain explosive.
- The Mongol’s item card states “Consumes reduced ammo per shot” followed by the unique descriptor “Just kidding, no it doesn’t.” The actual effect is that the Mongol uses two ammo per shot instead of every third shot using no ammo.