About the Nimbus Class Mod:
The Nimbus is a Legendary item in Borderlands 3. This Siren Class Mod basically has cloud kill and boosts its effectiveness by adding different elements into the mix and boosting the elemental effects.
Special Weapon Effect:
“It’s a terrible day for rain.”
- Whenever Amara first damages an enemy with her Action Skill, she creates a damaging cloud of her Action Skill Element at that location.
How to get the Nimbus?:
The Nimbus can be obtained during the Trial of Supremacy in the Hall Obsidian, it has a high chance of dropping from Sera of Supremacy.
- Whenever Amara inflicts a status effect on an enemy, there is a chance that the enemy is also burned, electrocuted, or corroded.
This skill increases all elemental damage dealt by Amara. Shock damage is increased further.
- Violent Tapestry
- This skill allows Amara to gain stacks of Rush when inflicting status effects. Activating her Action Skill consumes all Rush stacks, and her chance of inflicting status effects is increased for every stack consumed for a short time.
PASSIVE STAT BONUSES
If you want a god-roll Nimbus Class Mod you should be looking for these passive stats bonuses on your Siren Class Mod:
- [Weapon Type] Damage
- Specific [Weapon Type] bonus damage is multiplicative and will, therefore, provide a larger damage increase than the general weapon damage.
- Weapon Damage
- While General Weapon Damage is additive instead of multiplicative, like the specific [Weapon Type] damage, it still provides a nice universal bonus that applies to all your weapons.
- [Manufacturer] Weapon (Critical) Damage
- Specific [Manufacturer] bonus damage is multiplicative and will, therefore, provide a larger damage increase than the general weapon damage.
- The DOT chance and damage are based on the weapon you are holding in your hand at that time.
- You can use Kinetic weapons as they have a hidden elemental stat. They can even outperform their elemental counterpart because of their higher base damage.
- Avoid the “Krakatoa“ and “Breath of the Dying“ as they have a 0% Elemental Chance.
- Multi-pellet weapons aren’t great as the base damage is spread over the individual pellets and therefore you create lower cloud damage.
- The cloud will do self-damage therefore it isn’t recommended to use the Phaseslam action skill as you will be sitting in the middle of it.
- “Eternal Fist” will not create multiple clouds. Only the first hit triggers the effect.
- If a new cloud is created – by using Avatar – the first one will disappear.
- Nimbus damage will not heal you with “Sustainment”.
- Enemies linked by “Ties That Bind” are not affected by the DoT.
- You can use Amara’s “Wildfire” Skill to spread the Nimbus DOT to nearby enemies.
- You can use Amara’s “Allure” Skill to pull enemies into the cloud.
- The flavor text is a reference to Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. In one scene, Colonel Roy Mustang covers his face and, as he begins to cry, says “I’m fine. Except, it’s a terrible day for rain.”