The Norfleet is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. This Maliwan rocket launcher is THE rocket launcher you just got to have. It shoots multiple orbs that travel pretty slow and have a little wobble to them, however, that doesn’t stop them from being devastating. The blast radius is insane and the damage output is one of the highest in the game. When an enemy takes damage from the Norfleet’s projectiles, its body is surrounded by a blue field of cataclysmic plasma. The Norfleet is one of those backup weapons that a lot of players use to recover from the ‘fight for your life’ mode.
Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive or Slag
Special Weapon Effects:
Blows Up Everything!!!
- The Norfleet hurls three large purple rockets in a horizontal line that travel at a rather slow speed on an erratic trajectory (not in a straight line).
- Incredibly high damage
- Decreased accuracy
- Large blast radius (AoE)
- Increased ammo consumption.
How to get the Norfleet?:
You can get the Norfleet from Vermivorous the Invincible or a rare drop from Hyperius the Invincible.
- Vermivorous can only spawn in True Vault Hunter Mode and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. Areas in which large numbers of Varkids are found are ideal for getting Vermivorous to spawn. Aggro the group of Varkids as they need to evolve into a more badass version until one of them reaches a supreme badass class. Varkids can be found in abundance within the Caustic Caverns and the Tundra Express – Farmhouse.
- Hyperius The Invincible is a raid boss exclusive to the “Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty” DLC.
- In terms of damage, the Norfleet’s total damage output can exceed the Torgue-manufactured Nukem and even the Tunguska if all three projectiles hit their mark.
- This means that The Norfleet boasts the highest base damage per shot in the entire game, even excluding its elemental damage.
- Due to the unstable flight path of its projectiles, the Norfleet is best used at close to medium range in order to saturate a large area with one or two volleys.
- Norfleet projectiles are affected by Vel0city and Precisi0n, making it possible for an Assassin to utilize the Norfleet at a slightly longer range than other characters.
- Though it’s shown in-game as a Legendary, the game treats it as a Unique weapon (similar to the Longbow). This results in its absence from the Legendary loot pool and can only be obtained from Vermivorous and Hyperius.
- The flavour text is dark orange, rather than the usual red color.
- This is the only item in the game to have this and it is unknown why.