About the Pestilence:
The Pestilence is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This COV Pistol has a high fire rate and will always have a radiation element attachment.
The Pestilence special effect hooks into that radiation element because when your weapon breaks it will release an elemental explosion dealing damage to you and nearby enemies. This way you can infect your enemies with radiation and spread it like a disease among them. This could be fun in mob heavy areas, however, you are also at risk because the initial explosion also damages you. You might want to run this with an elemental resistance shield and/or artifact.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Go forth conquering, and to conquer.”
- When the weapon breaks it releases an explosion dealing radiation damage to you and nearby enemies.
- Always radiation.
- Increased charge speed.
- Reduced repair speed.
How to get the Pestilence?:
The Pestilence has a 30% chance of dropping from the Sylestro who is located in Tazendeer Ruins on Nekrotafeyo. But it also has a 15% drop chance from Heckle/Hyde who is located in Jakobs Estate on Eden-6.
The Drop Rate of the Pestilence is 15%
- Pair this weapon with the Red Suit to negate the self-damage.
- The reload novas benefit from Mayhem scaling.
- You can pair this weapon up with an Elementor Projector and turn the self-damage into a damage boost.
- The name and flavor text reference the first of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Revelation 6:2 of the King James Bible. The verse reads, “And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.”
- Though this horseman isn’t named, they are often called Conquest or Pestilence.