About the Plasma Coil:
The Plasma Coil is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Maliwan SMG is locked to the Shock + Radiation elemental combo. It shoots a burst of plasma bolts at a high fire rate that deal a lot of damage. The damage over time is also very effective at stripping enemy life bars.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Harness the 4th state of matter”
- Always Shock + Radiation
- 16 fire burst
- High elemental damage
How to get the Plasma Coil?
The Plasma Coil is an Arms Race exclusive Legendary. It can randomly drop from any suitable loot source within the Stormblind Complex located on Pandora. However, you have a high chance of getting the Plasma Coil from the Loot Room at Madwidth Power/ location B on the map.
Plasma Coil Drop Rates:
- Madwidth Power Loot Room: 13.3 – 18.6%
- Heavyweight Harker: 5.6% – 6.1%
- Rival Bandit Revenant (x3): 25% – 37.5%
- Cofferant or Chubby Skagg: 30%
- Air-Drop Chests: 15%
- Red Chest: 5%
- Badass Enemies: 3% – 4.5%
- White Chest: 1.5%
- Other Enemies: 0.5% – 0.75%
- The red flavor text is a reference to Plasma being the 4th state of matter.