About the Polybius:
The Polybius is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Tediore Shotgun shoots in a block pattern making it hard to score critical hits. The damage on body shots is oke but there are better options out there. Because it’s a Tediore weapon, it can spawn with various abilities on weapon throw.
Special Weapon Effect:
“21. 11. 33. 14. 24. 42.”
- The Polybius fires in a 4×4 grid pattern. It begins with 4 sets of 4 descending projectiles in a horizontal line that are followed up by four sets of 4 projectiles in a vertical line.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
Shock damage is strong against Shields and causes targets to be electrocuted. Electrocution deals very high damage over a 3-second duration.
Cryo damage slows enemies and eventually freezing them. Cryo efficiency is the percentage of damage dealt that is applied as Cryo, at 100% efficiency, enemies will freeze at 20% health. Frozen enemies are unable to move and take 3x Melee damage
Radiation damage can cause targets to become Irradiated. Irradiated enemies deal Aura Damage to nearby enemies for 8 seconds. If an Irradiated enemy dies, they explode, Irradiating any enemies damaged by the explosion.
How do you get the Polybius in Borderlands 3?
The Polybius can be randomly obtained from any loot source but it has a 15% chance of dropping from GenIVIV who is located in Voracious Canopy on Eden-6. When playing on Mayhem 6 or higher the drop chance is reduced to 9.3%.
- Hotfix – May 13, 2021
- Increased weapon damage by 18.5%
- Hotfix – January 21, 2021
- Tediore Nerf: -50% Reload-Explosion Damage
- Hotfix – October 15, 2020
- 135% Increased weapon damage
- Polybius is a reference to the Polybius Square, a method of cryptography which changes letters into numbers. In this case, the numbers 21. 11. 33. 14. 24. 42. translates to the word Fandir.
- Fandir is a reference to the Mysterious Amulet in the Borderlands 2 DLC: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, which mentions Fandir upon completion of the quest The Amulet. The name Fandir also appears in the flavor text of the Striker, a shotgun in Borderlands 2.
Related Legendary Weapons:
SECRET VENDOR LOCATION DISCOVERED
Discover the location of Maurice’s hidden Black Market vending machine that sells Legendary items!
Where is Maurice?