The Pyrophobia is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. The best way you can use this Maliwan rocket launcher in closed areas or catwalks with several enemies in a line. That is because of the nature of its projectiles, you can shoot it just over or to the side of enemies and score hits on multiple enemies.
Special Weapon Effects:
It’s actually a fairly rational fear in this case.
- Always Incendiary.
- Projectiles explode multiple times mid-flight before hitting their target.
How to get the Pyrophobia?:
You can get the Pyrophobia randomly from any obtainable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Incinerator Clayton located in Frostburn Canyon. Clayton is the leader of a cult called Children of the Firehawk.
In the T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest Head Hunter pack, it also has an increased chance to drop from Clark the Combusted Cryptkeeper located in Hallowed Hollow. Clark the Combusted Cryptkeeper is a secret boss that will spawn when four special tasks are completed after completion of the mission ‘The Bloody Harvest’.
The four tasks are:
- Defeat Jacques O’Lantern or the Pumpkin Kingpin.
- You can achieve this by completing “The Bloody Harvest”. If attempting to summon Clark on a return visit to Hallowed Hallow, Jacques O’Lantern is essentially the same as the Pumpkin Kingpin and can be summoned in the same location and in a similar manner.
- Find three hidden television sets throughout Hallowed Hallow.
- These are unique TVs that will turn on when approached and depict a scene parodying a scene from a famous horror movie. At least one of these is outside of the “boundaries” of the area, according to the Map.
- Destroy six red-eyed pumpkins scattered around the map.
- Most of these are found in the first few areas of Hallowed Hallow. These pumpkins will release fireballs that light up torches outside the Church of The Dead. Approaching the Church once these are all lit will cause a door to open, revealing a chest.
- Use the Loot Cauldron.
- This is done by sacrificing any gun, shield, and grenade mod into the blood-filled cauldron located in the Lavashore Village area near the lake of fire. Using the Loot Cauldron will spawn a chest which seems to have a greater-than-average chance of containing purple or higher loot.
Once these tasks are completed, the four torches atop the tombs will ignite. Upon returning to the Necropolis, Clark will summon directly across from the four tombs. However, to summon him again the Hallowed Hallow area must be exited and the four tasks must be completed again, making Clark particularly tedious to farm if one wishes to do so.
- Since the bullets are based on time, not distance, skills that increase projectile speed, such as Maya’s Accelerate or Zer0’s Vel0city will decrease the effectiveness of this weapon by causing it to have fewer explosions over the same distance.
- The Pyrophobia’s skin features a charred appearance.
- The Maliwan-type scope and exhaust will diminish the utility of this launcher’s special effect, as they increase missile speed.
- Pyrophobia is the irrational fear of fire or flame.
- The Pyrophobia is very similar to a legendary rocket launcher made by Maliwan in Borderlands, the Rhino.
- The flavor text refers to Robert Frost’s poem “Fire and Ice“.
- A similar rocket launcher known as the Cryophobia appears in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.