The Quasar is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Hyperion Grenade Mod will always have a singularity effect that is not noted on the item card, and it will always spawn with the shock element. It has the largest singularity pull an area of effect of any singularity grenade mod in the game, but as with all shock grenades it is best utilized against enemies with strong shields.
When compared with an equivalent (same components and level) purple shock singularity grenade, the Quasar has reduced damage, but increased shock area of effect and singularity pull. The Quasar also has an exceptionally low fuse time, which can be useful in many situations. This makes the use of this grenade situational, especially where crowd control is important.
Special Weapon Effects:
Always Shock Singularity Grenade. Reduced damage but increased blast radius (larger singularity pull and Tesla effect). Enemies pulled within blast radius suffer shock damage over time until explosion occurs.
How to get the Quasar ?:
- Borderlands 2
- The Quasar is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Ultimate Badass Varkids. Varkids can be found in abundance within the Caustic Caverns and the Tundra Express – Farmhouse, both of them with convenient Fast Travel stations near the Varkid spawn areas.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- The Quasar is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Felicity Rampant who is located in the Titan Robot Production Plant.
How to Grind the Quasar in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel ?:
You can use the Grinder in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to create the Quasar. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Grenade Mods to obtain a random legendary Grenade Mod. Be sure to make it a Luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a Luneshine buff.
- The Quasar counts towards the Singled Out Badass challenge, regardless of whether or not enemies are killed by the implosion, Tesla field, or explosion.
- The flavor text is a reference to the equation for matter-energy equivalence, E=mc², where ‘E’ is energy, ‘m’ is mass and ‘c’ is the speed of light.