About the Rico:
The Rico is a Legendary item in Borderlands 3. This Anshin Shield has a great bullet reflection but beware that there are more things than just bullets that can hurt you.
Special Weapon Effect:
“You wanna live forever?”
- Has a 50% chance to reflect projectiles when charged, and an 80% chance to reflect projectiles when depleted.
The Rico a quest reward from completing the mission ‘All Bets Off’ in the Moxxi’s Heist on Handsome Jackpot DLC.
This is the last main story mission in the Moxxi’s Heist on Handsome Jackpot DLC. You have to return to Spendopticon and talk to Ember to obtain the mission. Then you will set out to infiltrate the VIP Tower. Take down all boss along the way and stop the casino from falling into the black hole.
The Rico is a great shield and deserves a spot among the best shields in Borderlands 3, however, obtaining it is a bit of a chore.
- If you want to farm for this item, on PC, you can set your save file on ‘read-only’ when playing the mission. On console, you can backup your savefile using cloud saving.
- The bullet reflect is based on your own bullets. Therefore, it gains the same abilities as you would. So you can use Anoints, the Electric Banjo, Seein’ Dead class mod.
- The name and flavor text are a reference to the 1997 movie Starship Troopers. The text is a quote by the movie’s protagonist, Rico.
- The full quote is “Come on you apes! You want to live forever?” and in the movie is first used by Lt. Jean Rasczak whom Rico quotes later.
- The RICO Act is used to fight against organized crime. The epicenter of American casinos, Las Vegas, has a rich history of organized crime involvement.
- Despite coming with a chance to reflect projectiles by default, the Rico can also come with the Reflecting modifier, giving it an additional chance to reflect.