About the Ripper:
The Ripper is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This is a bladed Dahl SMG that will deal increased damage after you pierced your enemies with it. After you stabbed an enemy, it will be weakened. During this 5 second window, the Ripper will deal increased damage to that target. Weakened targets will have a bleeding particle effect.
Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, Cryo, and Radiation.
Special Weapon Effect:
“They say I’m a doctor now.”
- Always Bladed
- Meleed enemies are weakened and take 200% bullet damage from the Ripper.
How to get the Ripper?:
The Ripper can be obtained from any loot source but has a 15% chance of dropping from Shiv who is located in Covenant Pass on Pandora. He’s the first mini-boss you encounter.
- After melee-ing an enemy with the Ripper a special particle effect is shown to indicate that the target is weakened. This bleeding effect disappears after 5 seconds when the status effect runs out.
- The Ripper occasionally appears in Maurice’s Black Market.
- January 14, 2021
- Increased weapon damage by 166%
- June 11, 2020
- Increased melee damage bonus
- The weapon’s name, special effect, and flavor text are a reference to Jack the Ripper, an infamous serial killer in the 1880s London. The flavor text is from the “Dear Boss” letter, allegedly written by the killer to a London news agency.
- The Ripper’s melee accessory has an animated effect of blood dripping from it.