About the Rough Rider:
The Rough Rider is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Anshin Shield stands out because it is completely empty. The Rough Rider has no capacity, recharge rate, and recharge delay. As composition for that, you do get a damage reduction on all incoming damage and increased maximum health. This shield was kinda popular in Borderlands 2 because it was able to trigger powerful skills that required your shield to be depleted. While its principal stays the same, there aren’t a lot of great builds that make good use of this shield. That said, it could still be fun to experiment with.
Special Weapon Effect:
“It takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.”
- 0 shield capacity.
- Reduces all incoming damage by 23%.
- Increases maximum health by 35%.
- Can spawns with 0 or up to 2 additional shield components
Where to get the Rough Rider?
The Rough Rider has a 15% chance of dropping from Red Jabber who is located in the Ambermire on Eden-6.
Is the Rough Rider any good?
The Rough Rider is an interesting shield but it’s not something you want for your end-game build.
- The Rough Rider doesn’t work with the Topped Off guardian rank perk.
- The Deathless artifact doesn’t increase the Rough Rider’s shield capacity.
- The shield’s name and flavor text quote refer to President Theodore Roosevelt, founder of the military group the “Rough Riders”, and the “Bull Moose” political party. After being shot, he spoke publicly saying, “Ladies and gentlemen, I don’t know whether you fully understand that I have just been shot; but it takes more than that to kill a Bull Moose.”
- The Rough Rider is a returning shield from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary Anshin shield instead of a unique Jakobs shield.