About the Sand Hawk:
The Sand Hawk is a Legendary weapon in Borderlands 3. This Dahl Sniper has a unique projectile pattern as the Sand Hawk fires a line of 7 bullets that move to mimic the way that a hawk flaps its wings. This weapon can come with the Full-Auto, Semi-Auto, and Burst Fire firing modes. Basically, you want a Sand Hawk with the Full-Auto & Semi-Auto firing modes. Because with Full-auto you actually have an SMG and with the Semi-Auto you have a sniper that can shoot as fast as an SMG. While the pellet spread on the Full-Auto and the Burst Fire is pretty wide, the spread on the pellets of the Semi-Auto is pretty tight.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Wedge a pig.”
- Fires a line of 7 bullets that move to mimic the way that a hawk flaps its wings.
- Consumes 3 ammo per shot.
Fire damage is strong against Flesh and can cause targets to burn. Burning deals high damage over a 5-second duration.
Corrosive damage is strong against Armor and causes targets to melt. Melting deals high damage over a 7-second duration.
Shock damage is strong against Shields and causes targets to be electrocuted. Electrocution deals very high damage over a 3-second duration.
Radiation damage can cause targets to become Irradiated. Irradiated enemies deal Aura Damage to nearby enemies for 8 seconds. If an Irradiated enemy dies, they explode, Irradiating any enemies damaged by the explosion.
How do you get the Sand Hawk in Borderlands 3?
Where can I farm Katagawa Jr. in Borderlands 3?
Katagawa Jr. can be farmed in the Atlas HQ on Promethea. He’s the final boss in this area.
Is the Sand Hawk any good?
The Sand Hawk is a Top Tier weapon and is considered one of the best snipers in the game.
- The projectiles from the Semi-Auto Firing Mode have a tighter spread.
- The projectiles from the Full-Auto and Burst Firing Mode have a wider spread.
- Projectiles have a limited range
- Eats through your ammo.
- Can be very effective as a close weapon.
- Hotfix June 11th, 2020
- Increased Shot Cost from 2 to 3 – We’ve increased the cost of firing the weapon, so that players have to more thoughtfully manage ammo. With the additional SDUs that were added in The Revenge of the Cartels patch, players should still be able to use this weapon quite a bit.
- Removed 2 projectiles – As stated, the performance cost of this weapon was too high, so we’ve removed two particle systems from each shot. This also removes some damage output from the weapon.
- Increased Accuracy Spread – To make up for the difference for the missing projectiles, we’ve spread out the pattern, so it still covers the same space.
- Lowered lifetime of projectiles – Too many active particle systems from consecutive shots was really hurting performance, so we’ve lowered the lifespan of the projectile.
- Increased projectile speed – It was important to use to keep the weapon still effective in combat, so to counter the lowered lifetime of the projectiles, we’ve sped them up. The result is a weapon that still feels as effective as before, and even more responsive