About the Scorpio XL:
The Scorpio XL is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Tediore Pistol is a great throwback to the first Borderlands game. Because when you reload the Scorpio XL it will become a stationary turret that has a shield on it, which is very reminiscent of the Scorpio turret that Roland had as an action skill in BL1. The Scorpio XL even makes the same gun firing sound from the original Scorpio.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Mobile oppression for pennies a day.”
- When thrown, it creates a stationary shielded turret.
- Turret shoots bullets and rockets.
How to get the Scorpio XL?:
The Scorpio XL can be obtained from any loot source but has a 15% chance of dropping from Lt. Preston who is located in Tazendeer Ruins on Nekrotafeyo.
- Hotfix January 21, 2021
- Increased weapon damage by 400%
- The Scorpio occasionally appears in Maurice’s Black Market.
- This item is referencing Roland from previous Borderlands games.
- The red flavor text is a reference to the season 4 episode of futurama called ‘A Taste of Freedom’ that featured the Mobile Oppression Palace.
I don’t need to tell you that occupation forces are expensive. But with the Mobile Oppression Palace, a few dignitaries can oppress your entire planet for pennies a day. – Ambassador Mervin