The Shredifier is a Legendary Weapon Borderlands 2 and in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Vladof Assault Rifle is an improvement on normal Vladof Spiniguns. This gun already starts at a higher fire rate than other guns as it continues to speeds up from there. The Shredifier also has a much higher magazine size, around 90-100 on certain variants.
None, Fire, Slag/Cryo, Corrosive & Shock
Special Weapon Effects:
Greatly decreased spool time, extremely high firing speed and very large capacity. Slightly reduced damage.
How to get the Shredifier ?:
- Borderlands 2: The Shredifier can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Hyperius the Invincible located in Washburne Refinery.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel: The Shredifier can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
How to Grind the Shredifier ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Shredifier. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 2 Legendaries + 1 Purple Assault Rifle to obtain a random legendary assault rifle. Be sure to make it a luneshine grind for a “guaranteed” legendary and also get a chance of getting a luneshine buff.
Due to its very high fire rate, the Shredifier not only consumes ammo very fast, but it also tends to be heavily inaccurate, especially at a range or when shooting at small or fast-moving targets. This restricts the Shredifier’s most useful range to be around the same as most shotguns. Aiming down the sight does not always help reduce the extreme spread of bullets, and making effective use of the Shredifier requires the user to aim down the sights considerably.
The Shredifier can work especially well with Gaige’s The Better Half skill, which will greatly boost the fire rate at half the magazine. where the Shredifier will have already reached its maximum speed, allowing for a higher DPS and overall damage. Her Close Enough skill will also help with this, as it can help mitigate the inaccuracy problem. She can also equip a Jill of All Trades Class mod for greater damage.
Using two Shredifiers at once while gunzerking will quickly outpace the Gunzerker’s ammo regeneration.
- The Brady Books strategy guide mistakenly listed this weapon as dropping commonly from Bonehead 2.0, confusing it with the Bone Shredder. It is a possible drop from Hyperius the Invincible in the Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty DLC.
- The Shredifier is an extremely fast firing weapon, able to obtain a maximum fire rate of 15.7. This is only surpassed by Jakobs weapons at maximum fire rate, which is impossible to attain without mods or cheats, and the CHOPPER, which can have a fire rate of 18.1. However, due to the way fire rates work in Borderlands 2, it (and all other weapons) is capped at 15 (unless it can be boosted to 30 through fire rate increase skills).
- The flavor text is based on the “Speed Kills” series by Michael Angelo Batio in 2003.
- A SHiFT code for the Swift Shredifier is included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The item caption reads “You’re gonna want some sort of ammo regeneration. Just throwing that out there.”
- The flavor text shares its name with the Borderlands “Speed Kills” achievement from the add-on, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
- Michael Mamaril may occasionally spawn with this weapon on his back, along with other legendaries.
- In the game’s files, the body type is incorrectly labeled as “Legendary.AR_Vladof_5_Sherdifier”. All other parts are labeled without the misspelling.