About the Storm:
The Storm is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Maliwan Sniper Rifle deals a lot of splash damage. On the impact of the projectile, the Storm spawns 4 orbs that deal Shock damage to nearby enemies. The Storm is a pretty good mobbing weapon, it excels in stripping enemies from their shield.
Special Weapon Effect:
“Tut, Tut, it looks like rain.”
- Always Shock.
- On impact, the bullet spawns 4 orbs that deal shock damage to nearby targets.
- Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
How to get the Storm?:
The Storm can be obtained from any loot source but it has an increased chance to drop from Red Jabber who is located in Ambermire on Eden-6. But it also has an increased chance to drop from Katagawa Jr. who is located at the Atlas HQ on Promethea.
The Drop Rate of the Storm is 9.3% on Mayhem 6+; 15% Otherwise
- With the August 20, 2020 update, this weapon received a reduced charge time and increased weapon damage +40%
- With the March 5, 2020 update, this weapon received a weapon damage increase.
- With the September 29, 2019, update, the charge times were reduced to 1 second (down from 2).
- Don’t shoot yourself at point-blank.
- The Guardian Rank ‘overkill’ perk also works on the orbs.
- FL4K’s skill ‘two f4ng’, you can get twice the number of orbs
- The line “Tut, Tut, it looks like rain.” comes from the 1966 animated featurette Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree, based on the book Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. Christopher Robin recites the line while holding an umbrella, pretending Pooh is a storm cloud.
- The Storm is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary weapon instead of pearlescent.
- The Storm is a shock version of the Firestorm, which is an incendiary sniper.