The Supernova is a Legendary item in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Maliwan Shield has a vastly increased nova radius that increases the shield’s effectiveness in enclosed areas with groups of enemies.
Special Weapon Effects:
“More energetic than your average nova.”
Always incendiary. High nova damage. Extremely large nova radius.
How to get the Supernova ?:
The Supernova can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source, but has an increased chance to drop from Bruce during the mission Another Pickle in Crisis Scar.
How to Grind the Supernova ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Supernova. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Shields to obtain a random legendary shield.
- Due to a coding bug, it is possible for the Supernova to spawn with four different materials rather than just the predefined one. Normally, a legendary shield has a predefined material, either custom or the standard Epic rarity material. The material difference affects the shield capacity, nova damage, and nova radius, even when all other parts are the same.
- Common (Same skin as white rarity Maliwan shields)
- Uncommon (Same as green rarity)
- Rare (Same as blue rarity)
- Epic (Same as purple rarity)
- When the Supernova spawns with the Uncommon skin, its rarity colour will be magenta, although it is still sorted in the inventory as if it were a legendary shield. The Magenta rarity version does not actually have different properties than the other versions of the shield, apart from the usual Material Grade bonuses.
- The Supernova can spawn with a Maliwan capacitor, granting the “Inflammable” prefix and burn immunity to its wearer. It cannot spawn with resistance against any other element.