The Cradle is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Tediore Shield is a fairly low capacity, but fast charging shield. After the shield breaks, it gets thrown like a grenade, exploding with an Explosive Nova.
Special Weapon Effects:
” …to the grave.”
When the shield is depleted, the shield is tossed in a similar fashion to other Tediore weapons to cause an explosion.
How to get the Cradle ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get The Cradle randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Henry located in The Highlands.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get The Cradle randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from The Bosun in Pity’s Fall.
How to Grind the Cradle ?:
You can use the Grinder to create the Cradle in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Shields to obtain a random legendary shield.
- A level 50 cradle will only deal about 5,000 damage making it ineffective on high-level enemies, but a low-level Cradle will work well on low-level enemies.
- The Cradle can spawn with resistance to elemental and explosive damage.
- The Cradle’s nova damage is boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The Cradle’s name and flavor text comes from a common saying, “From the cradle to the grave“, which in this case, refers to the shield’s disposable aspect once depleted.
- The Cradle is one of four weapons and items in Borderlands 2 to have unique white flavor text, with the other three being the Fibber, the Mongol, and the Unforgiven.
GET FREE LOOT WITH THESE CODE!
Claim these Borderlands 2 SHiFT Codes for in-game rewards!