About The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge:
The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge is a Legendary Item in Borderlands 3. This Eridian Artifact it one of the best items in the game. By continuing to apply damage you can easily increase your damage output. You can get consecutive hits by using your weapon, grenades, or action skill. This makes it easy to stack and if your grenades or action skill are dealing damage while you are reloading, you won’t lose your stacks.
Artifact Special Effect:
“Knowing is half the battle.”
- Consecutive successful hits grant a 1% damage bonus per hit for up to 15 times.
- At maximum stacks, an additional damage bonus of 90% is added.
How to get The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge?:
The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge can only be obtained as a quest reward in the Gun, Love, and Tentacles DLC. You will get this artifact from Claptrap before you ambush the mansion.
The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge will grant two of the following bonuses.
- Fire rate
- Reload Speed
- Health regeneration
- Max health
- Experience Gained from Combat
- Magazine size
- On April 2nd, 2020, The Pearl received a tweak through a hotfix. On the item card, it looks like an increase, however, The Pearl was performing beyond its initial intent. So this change was actually a Nerf.
- With the release of DLC#2, The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge became one of the best artifacts in the game at the moment.
- The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge actually doesn’t perform well on Zane. It’s on par with a basic Victory Rush, however, if that artifact spawns with additional bonuses it will outperform The Pearl.
- The flavor text is a reference to the 1985 animated series G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero with the phrase “And knowing is half the battle” being said at the end of an episode as part of a public safety lesson.