The Sham is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Vladof Shield is great against enemies equipped with firearms. It’s ridiculously high bullet absorb chance makes you almost invulnerable and provides you with free ammo. The lowest possible absorb chance on The Sham is 76%. This is when the Body, Battery, and Capacitor parts of the shield are from the Dahl manufacture. The highest possible absorb chance is 94%. This is when the Body and Battery are manufactured by Maliwan, and the Capacitor by Hyperion. While the shield has a lower capacity and recharge rate you do have an awesome absorb chance making you a hard target to kill with bullets. This is the part where we come to the Sham’s weakness, because of it’s low shield capacity it’s a terrible shield against melee enemies and creatures.
Special Weapon Effects:
“Wow, I CAN do this all day.”
Extremely high bullet absorption chance. Greatly reduced shield capacity, reduced recharge delay. Cannot spawn with elemental resistance.
How to get the Sham ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get The Sham randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from BNK-3R located in The Bunker.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- You can get The Sham randomly from any suitable loot source, the grinder, but has an increased chance to drop from Raum-Kampfjet Mark V located in Outfall Pumping Station.
How to Grind the Sham ?:
You can use the Grinder in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to create the Sham. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Shields to obtain a random legendary shield.
- The Sham is an excellent choice to assist in the completion of the “Ammo Eater” challenge.
- The Sham is a poor choice for Krieg’s Mania and Hellborn tree because it prevents him from getting any cooldown recharge if it absorbs the bullets. However, Krieg’s range-focused tree, Bloodlust, benefits greatly from the ammo it absorbs, as it focuses primarily on firing as many bullets as possible and can be draining to Krieg’s ammunition supply.
- Players that have extensive use of rocket launchers, especially with large blast radi, such as the Norfleet, benefit greatly from the massive absorbtion chance. Doing this can very effectively reduce inflicting self-damage to the player by accident.
- The Sham is very useful for regaining rocket launcher ammo while equipped, with the process of firing at one’s feet with a weapon such as the Logan’s Gun or KerBlaster.
- The flavour text is a reference to ShamWow pitchman Vince Offer’s pitch catchphrase “…Because you know we can’t do this all day…”. This reference is also seen on the Tediore Defender, from Borderlands.