The Thunderball Fists is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2. This Mailiwan pistol can be very useful for eliminating shielded enemies because of the high shock damage per round and additional damage that comes from the orbs that this weapon produces, therefore it can tear through most shields.
Special Weapon Effects:
I can have such a thing?
- Shots fired produce electrical orbs which upon impact deal an AoE burst of electric damage before flaring upwards for a short distance then detonating a second time with electric damage.
How to get the Thunderball Fists?:
The Thunderball Fists can be obtained from any obtainable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Captain Flynt located in Southern Shelf. It also drops with an increased chance from Sparky Flynt on Wam Bam Island (Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax DLC).
- Gaige can make great use of this weapon with her Little Big Trouble skill tree. Its two-stage burst allows for Electrical Burn to have two chances of activating, and its wide range can catch multiple enemies in the same shot, allowing for improved crowd control.
- When combined with The Transformer Shield, and fired directly down, the secondary explosions from the electrical orbs will not only restore depleted shields but are also absorbed as rocket launcher ammo. With any other absorb shield, it only has a chance of being absorbed as rocket launcher ammo.
- The secondary blast is affected by any amp shield.
- The damage of the Thunderball Fists’s main projectile is boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- The flavor text, name, and color scheme (with design) of the weapon are a reference to the 1975 movie The Super Inframan.