About the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot:
The Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 3. This Anshin Shield spawns with the unique WTF component. This lets the shield drop small bombs that will explode when triggered. These explosives can be useful when being ambushed by enemies when they attack you at close range.
Special Weapon Effect:
- 25% Chance to shoot a row of 3 IEDs when Shield takes damage.
- IEDs stick to surfaces and trigger when enemies come to close or on direct impact. When triggered, they explode and deal elemental damage.
- Spawns with 2 additional shield components
The Whiskey Tango Foxtrot has an increased chance of dropping from Crushjaw who is located in the Cathedral of the Twin Gods on Pandora.
Crushjaw is a Target of Opportunity that you need to be defeated for Zer0. He is located in the Cathedral of the Twin Gods on Pandora. You can Fast Travel to the Cathedral, This way you are already halfway through the map, from there you want to make your way to the end of the map. When you jump down and are about to fast travel the next area, turn around and go through the crack in the wall.
The Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is an interesting shield but it’s not something you want for your end-game build.
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is a returning shield from Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel but as an Anshin product instead of Dahl and can spawn with different elements.
- Whisky Tango Foxtrot in the NATO phonetic alphabet spells WTF, which is an initialism for “what the fuck”.
- The red text refers to the term “SNAFU”, which is military jargon for “Situation Normal: All Fucked Up”.
- IED is an acronym for improvised explosive device.