The Whisky Tango Foxtrot is a Legendary Weapon in Borderlands 2 and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel. This Dahl Shield comes with pros and cons. When being damaged it has the chance to drop a shield booster. Picking these up will grant you an instant shield recharge of 25% of your shield capacity. However, these IED boosters also spawn 3 volleys of shock charges which will deal damage against the nearest enemy which can also be you. These IED Boosters provide another risk-reward level, while they can be beneficial they can also hurt you.
Special Weapon Effects:
A chance to drop an IED Booster when damaged. “IED boosters” which, in turn, eject three volleys of three powerful MIRV-like shock boosters. These shocks damage friend and foe turning this shield into a weapon. The boosters tent to fly towards the nearest enemy.
How to get the Whisky Tango Foxtrot ?:
- Borderlands 2
- You can get the Whisky Tango Foxtrot randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Chubby enemies.
- Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
- The Whisky Tango Foxtrot can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source or the Grinder.
How to Grind the Whisky Tango Foxtrot ?:
You can use the Grinder in Borderlands the Pre-Sequel to create the Whisky Tango Foxtrot. While there is no guaranteed recipe, you can combine 3 Purple Shields to obtain a random legendary shield.
- Picking up an IED booster before it has ejected all of its shock boosters will cancel the remaining volleys.
- The Whisky Tango Foxtrot may spawn with a Maliwan capacitor which grants immunity to one of the elements’ damage over time status effects. The Grounded prefix which grants the shield shock immunity will not protect you from your IED boosters.