In Godfall it looks like you can play as various characters but actually the different armors generally determine the character class you play as. There are 12 legendary armor sets in Godfall, they are called Valorplates. These originally belonged to the Archons, these God-Like warriors were masters of melee combat. Now you can wear them and tap into their strength. Each Valorplate is inspired by a Zodiac and has its own stats and unique ability.
The Character Class you play as is not solely determined by the armor set you equip. There are other gameplay elements that can push your character into a specific role.
- There are 12 different armor sets.
- Each Valorplate contains augment slots. These let you equip new abilities to your armor.
- There are 5 different weapon classes.
- Collect materials throughout the game and upgrade your weaponry through the crafting system.
- Skill Grid
- As you level up your hero, you can unlock new abilities on your character’s skill grid.
Through all these abilities you can create your ultimate character build. You can become a fast assassin or the team’s healer.
You can create your ultimate build in ‘Seventh Sanctum’, that’s your character’s home base. There you can choose your mission and equip the appropriate gear. Your loadout will consist of;
- 2 Weapons
- 4 Trinkets
- 2 Rings
- 1 Amulet
- 1 Charm
- 1 Life Stone
- 1 Battle Banner
While Godfall prefers offense over defense you will face off against multiple enemies at the same time. There will also be 1-on-1 combat situations where you face-off against stronger enemies, like mid-bosses and big bosses.