Table of contents
What is Eridium?
Eridium isn’t just a rare currency in Borderlands 3 it is also part of the in-game lore. It is an ore that is named after the ancient precursor race that utilized it, the Eridians. Eridium was released onto Pandora after the Vault Hunters opened The Vault in the events of the first Borderlands game. Due to the mysterious relationship between Sirens and the Eridians, Sirens can absorb Eridium as a means to enhance their powers.
How to get Eridium?
These are all the ways how you get the E currency in Borderlands 3.
- Boss / Enemy drops
- Bosses and rare enemy types like badasses with a name, chubbies, and loot tinks can drop Eridium.
- Completing Challenges
- In the menu, you can find challenges that will reward you with Eridium.
- Farm Eridium Crystals
- Throughout the game, you will find Eridium Crystals. Later on in the game, you are able to smash these and collect the Eridium.
- Open Vault Card Chests
- Complete Vault Card Challenges
- With DLC6, the Director’s Cut, you get Vault Cards. These add daily and weekly challenges to the game. Completing Daily challenges will reward with 50 Eridium each. Completing the Weekly challenge will reward you with 1100 Eridium. When you complete all the challenges in a week will add up to 2250 Eridium.
- Play the Revenge of the Cartels Event
- When playing the Revenge of the Cartels event you can travel to Villa UltraVoilet. Throughout the mansion, you can find a lot of Eridium dust piles that give you some Eridium.
What can you do with Eridium?
Eridium is the rare currency in Borderlands 3. You need this in order to shop at Crazy Earl for badass cosmetic items or purchase some Anointed gear at the Veteran Rewards vending machine. When you obtained the Eridium Fabricator, you can also use it to shoot legendary items. But if you are swimming in Eridium and feel lucky you can always spend some of it at Moxxi’s bar on the Eridium slot machine. You can also go to the Raid Boss which is part of the Director’s Cut.
Best Gear To Farm Eridium
The amount of Eridium that you get from an Eridium pile scales by the number of damage types it receives. It was known that having an Artifact with a “Stone” prefix increased the amount of Eridium that you receive, however, you can increase this even further by adding more Bonus Damages. Make sure the add different element types, increasing the strength of the damage doesn’t help.
- Hold a weapon with the URAD anoint to add Radiation Damage.
- Equip a Front loader Shield or Deathless Artifact to trigger the URAD anoint.
- Keep your health low and don’t refill it to keep the URAD anoint active.
- Equip the Re-Volter Shield with the Shield Break on Action Skill anoint to add Shock Damage.
- Equip the Commander Planetoid with the melee stone prefix to add Any Element except for Radiation or Shock.
- Trigger your action skill before smashing an Eridium pile to have 4 damage types per smash. Normal, Radiation, Shock, and the one from the Stone Artifact.
This setup boosts the Verocius Canopy farm up to ~300 Eridium per run making that the best Eridium Farm if you have the gear to support it.
Best Places To Farm Eridium
Best Eridium Farm
|Location||The Slaughter Shaft|
|Eridium||500 per Kill|
Gearbox added a 500 Eridium reward to Circle of Slaughter Bosses with the April 22, 2021 hotfix. These bosses spawn in round 5 and drop a guaranteed chunk of Eridium each time you kill them. The easiest is Titan in The Slaughter Shaft. In the final round, you need to kill 3 enemies before he will spawn. Once you killed him, pick up the 500 Eridium and fast travel to the fast travel station on the same map. This will reset the round but won’t result in a failed mission. Therefore, you can jump right in at Round 5 and go and defeat Titan again. Over and over again.
Early-Game Eridium Farm
|Eridium||~12 Eridium per Run|
All bosses give you just a few Eridium when you defeat them. However, Crowly gives you a lot more. This is because of the various stages this mini-boss goes through. Each time you kill one of the Varkids 2 smaller ones will appear until there are non left. But each of them will drop a few Eridium. This makes this Sir Hammerlock crew challenge, a lot more lucrative than farming other bosses.
Mid + End Game Eridium Farm
|Eridium||~20 Eridium per Run or ~300 Eridium with the correct gear setup|
In Voracious Canopy on Eden-6 you can find this cave with an Eridian artifact in it. If you drop down into the cave you will find multiple Eridium crystals that you can break. Which you can do once you obtained a special item at the first Vault.
While the spawn locations of these crystals appear to be random, they are always in the same spots the crystals aren’t always visible. A smash prompt will appear. You can use the Mysterious Artifact to make them visible but Zane’s Drone will also shoot at them when you have the “Bad Dose” augment equipped.
When you Save & Quit to then load back in again, you will start at the entrance of the cave and you can start farming again. If you are playing on Mayhem Mode, simply switch back and forward from M10 to M11.
Alternative Mid-Game Eridium Farm
|Location||Next to the Eridium refinery|
|Eridium||~25 Eridium per Run|
You can also travel to the guts of Carnivora and then turn back to leave the area. That way you end up in the same section. While you need to travel a bit more for this farm location it has the upside of having a Big Red Chest that gives some of the best loot in the game. Use a stone artifact to boost your Eridium drops.
Eridium Farm in DLC3
|Location||Hydragoian ‘Skin to Win’ Crew Challenge|
In the Bounty of Blood DLC, there is a dedicated farm location for the Proprietary License in the Obsidian Forest on Gehenna. The enemy that you need to farm spawns multiple copies of itself. All these enemies will drop Eridium when you defeat them.
One-Shot Eridium Farm in DLC3
|Eridium||~50 Eridium per Run|
This final boss in the Bounty of Blood DLC drops 50 Eridium per kill. If you have a good character build with top-tier weapons you are able to kill this boss very quickly and collect a bunch of Eridium. You will be able to obtain around 50 Eridium per farm. Since you can spawn right outside the boss arena you can quickly jump back in. And because there is an Ammo Vending machine right next to you when you spawn in, you can easily stack up on ammunition before the fight and farm for a Cloning Maddening Tracker.
SECRET VENDOR LOCATION DISCOVERED
Discover the location of Maurice’s hidden Black Market vending machine that sells Legendary items!
Where is Maurice?