What you need to know about Loot Midgets
- Loot Midgets are renamed to “Legendary Loot Midgets” in UVHM and have a 5% Spawn Chance each time you open a container.
- There is a small chance that one of the Loot Midgets is Jimmy J3NKN5 (AKA Jimmy Jenkins) which is needed for the trophy/achievement “Challenge Accepted”.
- Loot Midgets can drop unqiue E-Tech Relics when you have Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack #1
- Blood of the Ancients
- Bone of the Ancients
- Heart of the Ancients
- Skin of the Ancients
Best Base Game Farm
There is a great Loot Midget farm in the base game of Borderlands 2. You need to activate the optional quest “Doctor’s Orders” which you will get from Patricia Tannis in Sanctuary.
This quest becomes available after you completed the story mission; “Bright Lights, Flying City”. So you want to talk to Tannis as soon as Roland orders you to go to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
The objective of the mission is to collect Slag experiment notes in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve. However, you don’t want to pick up any of the Echologs. Simply ignore the objectives of the quest.
You want to go to the Specimens Maintenance area in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and clear out the area of any enemies. Trigger the save station in this area.
Now you want to open the boxes in the storage room that is across from the enclosure of an elemental Badass Skag. When you open these boxes a loot midget will jump out. Do not Slag them while they are in mid-air because they can become immune to Slag.
- Activate the “Doctor’s Orders” quest.
- Fast Travel to the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve.
- Don’t pick up any of the Slag Experiment Notes.
- Go to the Specimens Maintenance area.
- Clear out the area of any enemies and trigger the save station.
- Inspect the boxes inside the storage room.
- Save & Quit, Load, and repeat
Guaranteed Loot Midget Farm
There is a guaranteed Loot Midget farm in the Borderlands 2 DLC; Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary. This is what you need to do:
- Get the quest “Space Cowboy” from Moxxi in The Backburner.
- Play the quest until you need to pick up the nude magazines.
- Warning: Don’t actually pick up any of the magazines in the outhouse. If you accidentally pick one up then you should brutally quit (Alt + F4) out of the game.
- Fast Travel to Dahl Abandon and run to the left.
- When you open the outhouse where the magazine is, a Loot Midget will spawn.
- If the Loot Midget didn’t drop your desired gear reload and try again.