Best Mayhem Modifiers
With the launch of Mayhem Mode 2.0, Gearbox Software added 25 new Mayhem Modifiers to the game. With every Mayhem Level, you will have to face various of the modifiers. The higher mayhem level you select the more modifiers you will get. This can definitely increase the game’s difficulty. However, there are modifiers that aren’t that bad or that you can even take advantage of. There are characters or gear that benefit differently from certain modifiers. In this guide, I’m going to tell you which Mayhem Modifiers you should consider for your next run. Because Mayhem Mode 2.0 is part of Borderlands 3 end game and you will have to create a build that can take on the challenge.
Best Easy Modifiers
- Galaxy Brain
- You can use this easy modifier in conjunction with the very hard modifier; “Holy Crit“. This makes scoring crit hits easier and will also deal 25% additional damage. You do need to avoid dealing body shots as these will do 50% less damage.
- Speed Demon
- Having a bit of extra speed can be very beneficial, especially on the slower characters. It can help you maneuver through the combat zone and even dodge incoming projectiles. While Zane can already be a speedy character, he does benefit from the additional speed with his skill ‘Violent Momentum’. Because the faster Zane moves, the more damage he does. The same can be said when you are rocking the Spiritual Driver Class Mod on Amara.
- More Than Okay Boomer
- This can be a nice modifier if you are running a grenade build or a Moze Minesweeper build.
- This is a very useful modifier to have when you play as Amara. When combining this modifier with the skill ‘Ties That Bind‘ you can melee 1 enemy and kill every single target that is bound. Get an enemy to 15% health so it starts glowing blue. Phaselock that enemy and then perform a melee attack on that enemy. The insane damage will be shared across all enemies and can even kill bosses in 1 punch.
Best Medium Modifiers
- Healy Avenger
- The healing heart that gets released upon an enemy’s death isn’t really doing all that much. You probably had some target practice during the broken hearts event. Just shoot the hearts and you will get some boosters that can restore your life bar.
- The Floor is Lava
- Since you are always on the move, this one won’t bother you all that much. However, if you want to check out loot during combat or right after combat the lava will appear.
Best Hard Modifiers
- Drone Ranger
- Enemies can have a healing drone but you can rip through enemies faster than they can heal. They don’t really hinder you as you can easily take them out and they aren’t a threat to you.
- Pool Party
- Personally, I don’t like this modifier as it can really mess up the combat zone. However, if you are rocking a Transformer shield you can benefit from the shock pools that cover the floor. Now, these puddles will work for you, by recharging your shield, instead of against you.
- Laser Fare
Best Very Hard Modifiers
- Rogue Lite
- This is the most neutral modifier. If you don’t go down, you won’t have any problems with Rogue Lite. And even if you go down there is a small window where you can trigger a Second Win and continue the fight.
- Buddy System
- With Moze, you can deal a lot of splash damage and the supporting Invunerablity Drone can often be hit while dealing damage to the accompanied enemy. The same goes for the Hard Modifier; Drone Ranger. Clearing out the Drone makes enemies vulnerable again.
- Holy Crit
- This very hard modifier can be combined with the easy modifier, Galaxy Brain. This makes scoring Critical Hits easier and more effective. When you play as FL4K, you can use skills as Megavore to constantly deal critical hit damage.
What are your favorite Modifiers or Mayhem Mode 2.0 exploits? Let me know in the comments below. – MentalMars