Gearbox Software added a Ninja Turtles Easter Egg in Borderlands 2, however, this reference also has an additional puzzle. Activating this Easter Egg will summon their master but it requires you to solve a puzzle that involves 5 lights and 4 interactable objects. In this guide, I’m going to tell you where you can find it and how to activate it.
Borderlands 2 Flinter Puzzle Guide
- Complete the Main Mission; “A Dam Fine Rescue”
- Activate the Side Quest; “The Splinter Group” from Tannis in Patricia Tannis in Sanctuary.
1. Travel to the Bloodshot Stronghold
Use a Fast Travel Station or make your way there from Three Horns Valley.
2. Go to the Rat’s Nest
There is a living room hidden in the sewers after your encounter with the Splinter Group. This is clearly the place where Lee, Mike, Dan, and Ralph hang out, just like the Ninja Turtles in the comics/cartoons/movies.
3. Red Light, Green Light
In the Rat’s Nest, you will find a big Dahl loot chest. Above that chest are 5 red lights. You need to interact with the objects in the room in order to turn all those lights green. Each object has two outputs that change the lights.
- Red = 0
- Green = 1
4. Enter The Code
There are actually 8 solutions out of the 256 combinations but I’ll start with the easiest switch order:
- TV, TV, Switch, Lever
- Lever, Lever, Lever, Switch, Switch, TV, TV, TV
- Valve, Switch, Switch, Switch, TV, TV
- Valve, Lever, Lever, TV, TV, TV
- Valve, Valve, Valve, Switch, Switch, TV, TV
- Valve, Valve, Valve, Lever, Lever, Switch, TV, TV, TV
- Valve, Valve, Lever, Lever, Lever, Switch, Switch, Switch, TV, TV, TV
- Valve, Valve, Lever, TV, TV
4. Defeat Flinter
Flinter will crawl out of a pipe to the right of the red Dahl chest when you managed to turn all 5 lights green.