Bosses and Loot Pools
Like in previous Borderlands games, the Bosses in Borderlands 3 also have a unique legendary item assigned to them. Since Bosses respawn, they are farmable. The great thing about Borderlands 3 is that there is a checkpoint before each boss. This makes farming bosses less tedious as you can spawn just outside their doorstep when you want to defeat that boss again. Just simply go in the menu, save&quit, and hop back into the game. That checkpoint will now function as a spawn point. So you don’t have to run through entire dungeons anymore in order to farm bosses.
Due to community feedback Gearbox Software assigned more legendary items to Bosses and Named Enemies. Before the update, these items could only be randomly obtained through world drops.
Unique Legendary Boss Drops
Below you will find a quick overview of all the boss drops. As soon as I have all the individual pages up of all the specific items I’ll link to them. I’m currently working on a complete overview of all the legendary items.
Billy, The Anointed
- Planet: Eden-6
- Location: The Floating Tomb
- The Graveward exclusively drops the Grave, Artifact that gives bonuses as your health gets lower, increased FFYL duration, also drops Ward, Shield that buffs stats when your shield is depleted (great melee shield usually).
- Additional Legendary Drops: Moxxi’s Endowment, The Lob.
Agonizer 9000 / Pain & Terror
Side Mission Bosses
Rare Spawn Drops
Captain Thunk and Sloth
- Location: Promethea, Skywell-27 – Location Video
- Dinkeblot exclusively drops a Loot-o-gram you give to Earl that has a chance to turn into a random legendary.
Wick and Worty
El Dragon Jr
Mother of Grogans
- Location: Eden 6, The Anvil – Location Video
- The Mother of Grogans drops the following Legendary items: Creeping Death
Hammerlock’s Crew Challenge Drops
Zero’s Crew Challange Drops
Heckle and Hyde