You Got Mail
One of the new social features in Borderlands 3 is the in-game mail system. Through this feature, you will be able to receive or send loot. There are various ways you can receive mail.
- Crew Challenges: NPCs aboard Sanctuary 3 will give you crew challenges. If you complete these, you will be rewarded with some sweet sweet loot.
- Loyalty Rewards: If you are loyal to a specific weapon manufacturer, you will receive manufacturer specific loyalty rewards.
- Friends: Your friends are not just handy for shoot things, they can also help you loot as they can send their stuff to you.
- VIP Rewards: If you signed up for the Vault Insider Program you can earn points and redeem them for in-game items.
- Pre-Order Bonuses: Any pre-order bonuses will appear in your mailbox
How Do You Know You Got Mail?
During your game session, a small text notification will show up on the upper left side of the screen. This notification will go away after a few seconds, however, there is a small reminder on the upper right side of the screen. If you received mail and haven’t checked it out, there will be a small envelop icon below your mini-map.
Where is my Mailbox?
The In-Game Mailbox can be found under the Social Tab in the Main Menu and the Pause Menu. While you can view your inbox from the Main Menu, you must be in a game to obtain items!
How to Send Mail to My Friends?
Getting loot is fun but sending loot to your friends is also rewarding. The cool thing is that, unlike the previous weapon trading, your friends do not have to be online for this to work. You can send them loot even while they are offline. Just like other social features, the data is stored on the SHiFT server. So the next time your friends go online, your send loot will be waiting for them.
Pause the game and go into the social menu. Here you will find your mailbox and there you will be able to send loot to your friends.