Weapons can be found in a wide variety in Redfall. There are high-end military ranged weapons but also Grandpa’s shotgun that’s kitbashed together. Weapons aren’t tied to a specific character, so you can use any weapon that you like. But the heroes in Redfall have an affinity to certain weapons, which will be represented in their skill tree. You can equip 3 different weapons in your quick select load out but you are able to carry more in your backpack.
Table of contents
Redfall Weapon Types
There are a lot of different weapon types in Redfall and you can classify them into two categories. Because some weapons perform better on certain enemies than others. Knowing which weapon to use is part of the game.
For example, you need to use a stake to defeat Vampires, or else they will simply regenerate. The Anti-Vampire weaponry will help you with that but conventional items can have attachments to do the job.
- Centipede: 15 mag size
- Moray: 10 mag size
- Grackle: 6 mag size, very powerful revolver.
- Arroyo: 5 mag size, 12 pellets
- Gulch: 6 mag size, 10 pellets
- Badlands: 2 mag size, 13 pellets
- Assault Rifles
- Firebird: 25 mag size, Allround Full-Auto AR
- Strega: 30 mag size, Weakest Full-Auto AR
- Morrigan: 30 mag size, Strongt AR but Burst fire
- Maenad: 15 Mag, Very Strong but low rate of fire.
- Efreet: 5 Mag, Faster but Weaker than Yokai.
- Yokai: 3 Mag, Slower but Stronger than Efreet.
- Deals incendiary damage. Burns Vampires. Can distract enemies.
- Comet: 1 Ammo, Double Damage Nova
- Nova: 2 Ammo, Half Damage Comet
- Can petrify Vampires and is used to remove the Red “Death” Mist.
- Stake Launchers
- High-damage projectile launchers that can destroy vampires without needing to stake them by hand.
Redfall Weapon Mods
Weapons can also have blade attachments. These range from broken mops to guitar handles, and garden gnomes. You need to use these to slay Vampires when they are weakened.
Besides blade attachments, Redfall also has a ton of other Mods you can randomly get on your weapon. Being able to set things on fire or flash a UV light to petrify vampires within a 10-foot radius.
Redfall Weapon Level
You can find stronger weapons as you progress through the game. Each weapon has a power level, therefore, you will be scrapping guns when you out-level them.
You cannot level up your weapon. This keeps you experimenting and testing out weapons throughout the main game.
The quality of the item is not only represented by its rarity, each item also gets a rating. This makes it somewhat easier to compare various items with each other.
Redfall Weapon Rarities
Weapons have different rarity types. The higher the rarity the better the item is, however, don’t just ditch your item because you found one of a higher rarity tier. The item does need to fit your character’s play style.
- Blue / Superior
- Purple / High-end
- Orange / Unrivaled
Redfall Weapon Skins
Weapons can be customized with different skins. They can be switched out in your Loadout menu by inspecting a specific weapon. There are at least 43 different weapon skins. You can get some by Pre-Ordering Refall or purchasing the Bite Back Edition of the game.
Check out my Redfall Wiki if you want to be informed about the game.